Jordan Experience with Dead Sea Extension Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2018
Caravans of spice traders and crusading Christian soldiers once crossed the dramatic desert landscapes of Jordan and you will too, journeying from the beautifully preserved Greco-Roman city of Amman to the fabled "rose red" Petra ruins set deep within a narrow gorge. Travel north along the King's Highway admiring Crusader monuments and views of the Promised Land en route.
- City tour in Amman
- View the Roman amphitheatre and Citadel in Amman, Moses' Promised Land on Mount Nebo and the mosaic map of the Holy Land at Madaba
- Visit the Greco-Roman city at Jerash, the unique ancient city at Petra and the Crusader Fortress at Shobak
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- 5 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers will be provided for guests who have provided Trafalgar with their flight details and are staying in an Amman hotel booked by Trafalgar.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13702995
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amman||Arrive Amman: Tread in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia, crusading knights and Bedouin tribes who once crossed the length and breadth of Jordan leaving their mark on its mystical desert landscapes. Our springboard to the spellbinding ancient trading history of Jordan is the white stone city of Amman which you will have an opportunity to explore at your leisure after being transferred to your hotel from the airport. Dinner|
|Day 2||Petra||Amman - Jerash - Petra (2 Nights): This morning sees us explore the 3rd century Greco-Roman ruins at Jerash, a favourite city of the Roman emperor Hadrian and an important stop on the incense and spice trade route to the Mediterranean. Amble past its soaring Corinthian columns and view its almost intact city walls before returning to the seven hills of Amman. We join a Local Specialist this afternoon for a sightseeing tour of the 6,000-seater Roman amphitheatre, impressively carved into the northern side of a hill that once served as a graveyard. We'll see Citadel Hill which towers over the city from atop Jabal al-Qala before departing for Petra where we'll dine in our hotel tonight. Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Petra Guest House Authentic Accommodation
|Day 3||Petra||Petra Sightseeing: The enchanting rose-red facades of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, take centre stage today as we admire the archaeological wonder carved into the sheer rock face over 2,000 years ago by the Nabataean people. Imagine silk and spice caravans plying their wares as we enter this mystical trading city through the narrow Siq - flanked by towering cliffs soaring 80 metres high. As we emerge from the path, the stone facade of the Treasury with its ornate decoration looms ahead - the first of many wonders to be explored.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Dead Sea||Petra - Amman - Dead Sea (2 Nights): Follow the King's Highway north to Shobak. View the Promised Land from Mount Nebo. At Madaba, view the mosaic map of the Holy Land in St. George's Church, dating from the 6th century. This afternoon continue to the Dead Sea and check in at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Dead Sea||Dead Sea: Set in a beautiful and dramatic landscape, the Dead Sea is famous for its mineral-rich waters. Relax and enjoy the resort, luxuriate in the warm, stimulating black mud and float in the calming water.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Depart Amman||Depart Amman: This morning bid farewell to this extraordinary land. Transfers to Amman airport are available, conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class