Brochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2019
Stay in the popular thermal spa resort of Montecatini, admire the exquisite marble Cathedral in Siena and embrace la dolce vita in true Tuscan style, learning to cook Italian pasta.
- VIP ADMISSION to the Vatican Museums
- CITY TOUR in Rome, Pisa and Florence
- VISIT St. Peter's Basilica, the Tuscan city of Siena, San Gimignano, the Leonardiano Museum in Vinci and the Sistine Chapel
- VIEW of the ancient sites of Rome including the Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in Florence
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14237191
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome: Ciao Roma! The Eternal City opens its doors for an unforgettable At Leisure jaunt through Tuscany and two millennia of culture, history and fiery Italian verve. Spend the afternoon exploring the city before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. Embark on an orientation drive past Rome's iconic and unexpected highlights, including views of the Colosseum and Circus Maximus, once the site of exhilarating chariot races which attracted thousands of enthusiastic spectators. Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Montecatini||Rome Sightseeing - Montecatini (6 Nights): Our journey through Rome begins in the centre of Christendom, where we join a Local Specialist on an included sightseeing tour to visit St. Peter's Basilica and Michelangelo's much-admired Pieta. Then it's on to Ancient Rome where we walk in the footsteps of emperors, senators, gladiators and slaves whose lives were intertwined with the mighty Colosseum and Circus Maximus. This afternoon, we enjoy a leisurely drive through the scenic Tuscan hills to the thermal spa resort of Montecatini, the largest and most famous spa town in Italy and your home for the next six nights. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Montecatini||Florence Excursion: Your Local Specialist will reveal the history of Renaissance Florence during your walking tour. View the magnificent Duomo and visit Piazza della Signoria. In your free time, consider visiting the Ponte Vecchio bridge, one of the city's most famous landmarks and lined with goldsmiths and jewellers. This is a legacy of the 16th-century decree which mandated that only jewellers and goldsmiths be allowed to ply their trade on the bridge. Later, learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. Tonight 'Connect With Locals' during a Be My Guest dinner enjoyed with beautiful views over the Tuscan hills.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 4||Montecatini||Montecatini At Leisure or Optional Experience to the Cinque Terre: Relax in the soothing waters of Montecatini Thermal Spa on your day at leisure or join an Optional Experience to the Cinque Terre, whose quaint pastel-hued villages cling to the rugged Ligurian cliffs.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Montecatini||Pisa and Vinci Excursion: Travelling inland, we arrive in Pisa where we join a Local Specialist to view the famous Leaning Tower, the finely sculpted marble Cathedral and the ornate Baptistery, said to be the largest in Italy. We continue through Tuscany, arriving in Vinci where we'll 'Dive Into Culture' at Museo Leonardiano and gain a deeper understanding of the life of this talented master. Admire Leonardo da Vinci's machines and models, his sketches and handwritten notes, as well as interactive exhibits during your visit.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Montecatini||Siena and San Gimignano Excursion: Saunter through the beautifully preserved medieval city of Siena to see the 13th-century marble Cathedral and the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo which hosts the biannual Palio horse race. We venture to the walled medieval town of San Gimignano, renowned for its towers. Enjoy some free time strolling through its narrow lanes and shopping for locally-produced delicacies and hand-painted Tuscan pottery - the alluring aromas of pecorino and cured meats can be found around every turn. Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
|Day 7||Montecatini||Tuscan Lifestyle Experience: Feast your eyes on the vibrant colours and busy stalls heaving with fresh produce at a local Florence food market where you will join a Local Specialist professional chef for a tasty introduction to Italian cuisine. Learn how to cook like only an Italian mamma can, selecting your fresh produce from the market and preparing lunch which you will enjoy with a delicious glass of local wine. The tastes of Tuscany still lingering after an unforgettable Regional Meal, we return to our hotel in the Tuscan hills for the night. Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 8||Rome||Montecatini - Rome - Vatican Experience: Departing Tuscany, we travel south to Rome. This evening, we 'Dive Into Culture' and enjoy an exclusive Farewell Dinner amidst the stunning Roman and Ancient Greek artistry showcased in Museo Gregoriano Profano or the magnificent surrounds of the Salone di Raffaello in the Pinacoteca. We'll have access to the Museum before dinner and join a Local Specialist later for a guided evening tour of the Vatican Museums, including a visit to Michelangelo's magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded. Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Sheraton Parco de' Medici
|Day 9||Depart Rome||Depart Rome: Today we bid a sad farewell to newfound friends and an epic At Leisure experience, departing Rome today. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above. to International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class