On this Escape, the traditions and intrigue of Britain are calling you. Experience the fascinating cities and countryside of this beautiful land without the crowds-and even better-without the high-season prices. A concise Britain guided tour takes you to the historical must-see sites from London to Edinburgh. History buffs will delight in seeing mysterious, prehistoric Stonehenge (just imagine how those stones got there!); the Roman Baths in Bath, constructed around 70 AD and today one of the best-preserved Roman remains in the world; Liverpool, once a great Victorian city and Atlantic seaport, and renowned as the birthplace of the Beatles; and Edinburgh, home to many Scottish monarchs, including Queen Margaret, who died here in 1093.Literary fans will enjoy visiting Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, and Grasmere, home to William Wordsworth. But that's not all?a London Guide will show you all the city's famous landmarks, from Buckingham Palace to the Prime Minister's Downing Street and Westminster Abbey; and in Edinburgh you'll tour the castle and see Scotland's Crown Jewels-all the better experience without the long lines and crowds. For the conclusion of your vacation, travel via first-class express train back to London for one night. From the historical landmarks to the beautiful scenery, this guided tour of England and Scotland is a great way to sample what Britain has to offer and it's all possible at a price you can afford!
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14358076
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||London||After a hearty English breakfast, morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes all the famous landmarks: the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben beside the Thames River, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall's mounted horseguards, the Prime Minister's Downing Street residence, Piccadilly Circus, and Buckingham Palace. The highlight is a visit to ST. PAUL'S CATHEDRAL (except on Sundays), Sir Chirstopher Wren's masterpiece built between 1675 and 1708. This afternoon an optional excursion to the Tower of London is available. This evening, maybe enjoy an optional dinner, followed by a cruise on the River Thames.'(B)|
|Day 3||Bath||Depart at 8 am for a memorable day of sightseeing. First, visit the intriguing prehistoric monument of STONEHENGE. Explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. Across Salisbury Plain, head for the elegant Georgian city of Bath, where you see the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS, once one of the greatest religious spas of the ancient world. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Liverpool||Savor vistas of the Cotswolds on your way via the medieval market town of Stow-on-the-Wold to Stratford-upon-Avon. Time here to visit SHAKESPEARE'S BIRTHPLACE and discover this pretty Elizabethan town at your own pace. In the afternoon, drive to Liverpool, the hometown of The Beatles. Then, why not join a Local Guide for an optional excursion which will give you a detailed introduction to the city. You'll visit the magnificent cathedral, admire stunning historic civic buildings, hear all about the legendary Beatles, and discover the city's glorious maritime history. (B)|
|Day 5||Edinburgh||This morning, focus on the tranquil Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and considered to be the finest of England's national parks. Take a break in Wordsworth's beloved Grasmere and try original [LF] GRASMERE GINGERBREAD. Then, head north for the Scottish border and stop at Gretna Green, where the blacksmith used to wed runaway couples. Arrive in Edinburgh this afternoon for a two-night stay. (B)|
|Day 6||Edinburgh||Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town' and famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the 'Old Town,' drive up the narrow Royal Mile to EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels and the iconic Stone of Destiny, used to inaugurate monarchs for centuries, and take in the fantastic views over the city. The afternoon is free to enjoy the Scottish capital at your own pace. Later, join your fellow travelers for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||London||Travel by EXPRESS TRAIN (first-class) to London. Your Local Host is available to help you make the most of your stay. This evening, why not take in one of London's West End show? (B)|
|Day 8||London||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount.Extra nights per person in London:in single room from $173 to $260, in twin from $89 to $131, in triple from $85 to $127
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).