Essence of India with Ranthambore end Jaipur (Summer 2019)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2019
A quintessential Indian journey, this majestic itinerary showcases the rich heritage of India's bustling cities, renowned temples and exotic jungles. Marvel at the beauty of the Taj Mahal with its ethereal hues, search for the elusive Bengal Tiger on former royal hunting grounds and stroll through a traditional spice market in Jaipur. Allow your Travelling Concierge to show you India at its finest.
- Delhi: Your Travelling Concierge accompanies you to a local restaurant where you can get to know your fellow travelling companions over a tasty Welcome Dinner.
- Delhi: Enjoy a taste of Jalebi, the favourite sweet and learn about its production from the one of the best candy wallahs in Old Delhi.
- Jaipur: Arrive at the local restaurant, 1135 AD, where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Jaipur: Savour a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine at the fantastic Baradari Restaurant in the City Palace.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 3 Lunches (L), 2 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW). Festive Highlight Dinner: 21 Dec departure includes an additional Christmas Eve Highlight Dinner in Ranthambore.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Delhi: Led by your Travelling Concierge, explore the impressive Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque.
- Agra: Inside Agra's red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Take a walk through the bustling local markets.
- Agra: Take a walk through the local markets and enjoy the colours and craftsmanship of the local sellers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Agra: Enjoy a ride on the express train from Bhraratpur to Ranthambore.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy three game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: Visit the City Palace Museum that houses traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art as well as the royal observatory, built in 1726.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and delights in the smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: During a city tour with your Travelling Concierge see the Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds and visit the Jantar Mantar, the Royal observatory built in 1726.
- Jaipur: In the evening you are privileged to an exclusive visit to the City Palace Museum housing traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art.
- Jaisalmer: Visit the local markets and experience desert life.
- Bishnoi: Take a jeep safari and experience rural village life as you are welcomed by the local community.
- Kochi: During your city orientation see the oldest Jewish Synagogue in the Commonwealth and the murals of Mattancherry Palace.
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu new year.
- Jodhpur: Take a tuk tuk ride through the ancient streets and take in the sights and sounds of Sadar market.
- Mumbai: Explore the glorious abode of Lord Shiva and visit the complex of ancient cave temples.
- Agra: The Trident is the perfect base to experience this city steeped in history. The hotel features tastefully appointed rooms which overlook the central courtyard and gardens and offers a superb range of facilities.
- Ranthambore: Situated on the foothills of the spectacular Aravalli Range and walking distance from the famous Ranthambore National Park, the Nahargarh Ranthambhore boasts a sprawling Mughal-style garden and three outdoor swimming pools.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. See booking conditions for exemptions.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary (Available on departures with more than 8 guests).
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Private transfers may be purchased when additional accommodation has not been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14376237
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you are greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your modern five-star hotel. Join your Travelling Concierge at 18:30 for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: Start the day with a cycle rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, including the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk market. Stop for a photo at the impressive Red Fort, then visit the Mahatma Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat. Explore India's largest mosque, the magnificent Jama Masjid, built by Shah Jahan in 1650. Wander the wide boulevards of New Delhi and drive along the ceremonial Rajpath, past the imposing India Gate and Parliament House. Visit Qutub Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the Tomb of Emperor Humayun, one of the best-preserved Mughal monuments in Delhi. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Agra||An Agra Adventure.: On arrival to Agra, witness the hustle and bustle of everyday life as you are guided through the city to Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone. Walk through the local market, explore the palatial Royal Pavilions and Gardens, before enjoying free time to relax. Later, one of the locals accompanies you on a walk through his village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal, sharing stories about his life as an agriculturalist. (Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Ranthambore||The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.: Admire the lustrous Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn. Later journey to the historic city of Bharatpur and stop for lunch, before continuing to the station for your rail journey upon the Express Train, in air-conditioned chair class seats, to Ranthambore. On arrival, transfer to your luxurious hotel, built in the style of a traditional Rajput hunting palace, nestled in the foothills of the Aravalli Range, near the Ranthambore National Park. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 5||Ranthambore||In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.: Start with an early morning journey into the former private hunting grounds of the Maharajahs of Jaipur, in search of the elusive tiger. More commonly seen in the dry, deciduous forest are the wild boars, monkeys, spotted deer and antelopes, but if you are ever going to witness tigers in their natural habitat, this is the place. Return to your resort for breakfast and a day at leisure. At dusk, enjoy another foray into the national park with an expert naturalist. Besides the wildlife, there are also lake palaces, traditional Chhatri, old fortifications and a majestic 1,000-year-old fort within the park. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 6||Jaipur||Jaipur, the Pink City.: In the morning, embark on another exciting adventure to explore the territory of the majestic tiger - every wildlife enthusiast and photographer's dream. After lunch, travel through the rural countryside where flat, green fields are abundant with brightly coloured flowers. Your destination is the stunning Rajasthan capital of Jaipur. Visit the famous flower market where girls delicately thread garlands to be used for offerings, then explore the spice market, a place of olfactory wonderment. See the rainbow of colours as you pass giant bags of cardamom, red chillies, cinnamon and so many more. Continue to 1135 AD restaurant for a delicious freshly-prepared Highlight Dinner. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 7||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Enjoy a unique excursion, as you ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, a superb example of Rajput architecture, with its terraces and ramparts reflected in the Maota Lake below. Inside, the royal halls are decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors and glass, complemented by exquisite wall paintings. Return to Jaipur to see the famous Hawa Mahal, also known as The Palace of Winds, and visit the famous Jantar Mantar, the observatory, constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II. In the evening, you are privileged to an exclusive visit of the City Palace, now a museum housing a fabulous collection of Rajasthani and Mughal Art. Venture to Baradari Restaurant at the City Palace for your Celebration Dinner, an evening to remember. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Jaipur||Depart Jaipur.: Your trip draws to a close after breakfast. Transfers to Jaipur airport are available to meet your onward flight. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Visas: Visas are required for this trip, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests. Group Size: For departures with less than 5 guests there is a more personal service with Local Experts in each location in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Guests are met on arrival and escorted to all sightseeing experiences with a private transfer between each location/city. (1a) Indian Festivals: This departure experiences Diwali in Delhi. (1b) Festive Highlight Dinner: Christmas Eve in Ranthambore.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class