Imperial Rajasthan with ME to WE (Summer 2019)
Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2019
We invite you to join a luxury heritage journey through timeless Rajasthan, where Maharajahs built forts and lavish palaces towering over desert cities. Along the way, stay like royalty in palatial hotels and gain in-depth insights into local life. Look forward to a delicious dinner, prepared over hot coals at a lamp-lit camp among the Kanoi sand dunes and be welcomed into the homes of local people during your village safari in Jodhpur. You then join a life-changing ME to WE Culturally Immersive Experience, with the opportunity to work on a sustainability project in a local village. Explore the vibrant countryside culture, learn about the everyday lives of the locals and participate in a series of rejuvenating yoga sessions. ME to WE is honoured to provide travellers with a truly transformative experience. Leave a legacy. Leave a positive impact.
- Delhi: Get to know your travelling companions during your delightful Welcome Dinner.
- Jaisalmer: As the sun sets over the Kanoi Sand Dunes, be entranced by the traditional musicians welcoming you to this magical evening. Under the stars, a traditional feast is prepared for you in a truly unique environment.
- Ranakpur: Learn the kitchen secrets of the chef of one of Ranakpur's finest hotels in our cooking demonstration of local specialities and lunch.
- Udaipur: Showcasing the best of Indian cuisine, your delicious Celebration Dinner is set in the perfect environment to toast your time in India.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 6 Lunches (L), 6 Dinners and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Agra: Take a walk through the bustling local markets.
- Agra: Take a walk through the local markets and enjoy the colours and craftsmanship of the local sellers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Agra: Enjoy a ride on the express train from Bhraratpur to Ranthambore.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: Join your Travelling Concierge who show you the marvel of Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds.
- Jaipur: Visit the City Palace Museum that houses traditional Rajasthani and Mughal Art as well as the royal observatory, built in 1726.
- Bikaner: Learn about all things dromedary at the Camel Research and Breeding Farm.
- Bikaner: Enjoy a visit to the Junagarh Fort.
- Jaisalmer: Visit Garhi Sagar Lake and Fort.
- Jaisalmer: Visit the local markets and experience desert life.
- Bishnoi: Take a jeep safari and experience rural village life as you are welcomed by the local community.
- Kochi: During your city orientation see the oldest Jewish Synagogue in the Commonwealth and the murals of Mattancherry Palace.
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu new year.
- Jodhpur: Visit Mehrangarh Fort.
- Jodhpur: Take a tuk tuk ride through the ancient streets and take in the sights and sounds of Sadar market.
- Ranakpur: Visit the fortified Jain temple complex.
- Udaipur: Visit the City Palace complex, a testimony to the Rajput passion for art and architecture.
- Udaipur: Visit the Jagdish Temple and Garden of the Maids of the Honour.
- Aravalli Mountains: Connect with community members by learning about their daily lives.
- Aravalli Mountains: Work on a sustainable international development project.
- Mumbai: Explore the glorious abode of Lord Shiva and visit the complex of ancient cave temples.
- Aravalli Mountains: Explore nature as you walk through the hills of the Araveli Mountain Range.
- Aravalli Mountains: Experience many of India's age-old traditions led by your local guide.
- Delhi: Set in the heart of bustling Gurgaon, the beautiful gardens, courtyards and reflection pools of the Trident fill you with a sense of calm, before retreating to your luxurious and stylish room.
- Jaisalmer: Situated close to the Thar Desert, the magnificent Suryagarh is testimony to the pomp and panoply of Rajputana, juxtaposed with every modern convenience.
- Udaipur: Offering stunning views of Lake Pichola and a luxury wellness spa, the five-star Leela Palace Udaipur was rated the #1 hotel on TripAdvisor in 2018.
- Agra: Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as agriculturists next to India's most famous monument. Enjoy tea and pakoras on a rooftop with exceptional views. Money generated from the tour is used for sanitation in the village and education for women.
- Jaipur: In private elegance at Sukh Niwas, Jaipur's City Palace, enjoy a High Tea fit for royalty. Renowned for its spectacular Lalique Peacock table made to order for the Royal Family of Jaipur, this VIP experience is only available to Luxury Gold guests.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. See booking conditions for exemptions.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary. (Available on departures with more than 8 guests).
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Private transfers may be purchased when additional accommodation has not been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14376257
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot of Old and New.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. Welcome to India! On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will be greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your hotel. At 19:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for your Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
Trident, Gurgaon, Delhi.
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: Enjoy a ride by rickshaw through the lanes of Chandni Chowk bazaar in Old Delhi. Visit Qutub Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Red Fort. Visit the Gandhi memorial at Raj Ghat and the Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque. Travel along the broad Rajpath, passing the India Gate and Parliament House, to visit the Tomb of Humayun. (Breakfast)|
Trident, Gurgaon, Delhi.
|Day 3||Agra||Agra and the views of the Taj Mahal.: Spend time exploring the famous market, Sadar Bazaar, as you make your way through the city to Agra Fort, a powerful fortress of red sandstone. After your tour through the palatial Royal Pavilions and gardens there is free time to relax. Walk through a village in the shadow of the Taj Mahal with one of the villagers to discover the way of life as an agriculturist next to India's most famous monument. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Jaypee Palace Hotel Agra.
|Day 4||Jaipur||Sunrise at the Taj and Jaipur, the Pink City.: At sunrise, visit the lustrous Taj Mahal, a monument of love and flawless architectural creation, built by an emperor in memory of his beloved queen. After breakfast, travel to the historic city of Bharatpur for lunch, before continuing to the Pink City of Jaipur. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Le Meridien Jaipur.
|Day 5||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Ascend by jeep to the Amber Fort, with its royal halls decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors, glass and exquisite paintings. Return to Jaipur to see the Hawa Mahal, or The Palace of Winds, and visit the City Palace Museum and royal observatory. In private elegance at Sukh Niwas, Jaipur's City Palace, enjoy a high tea fit for royalty. Renowned for its spectacular Lalique Peacock table made to order for the Royal Family of Jaipur, this VIP experience is exclusively available to Luxury Gold guests. (Breakfast / Afternoon Tea)|
Le Meridien Jaipur.
|Day 6||Bikaner,||Bikaner, Camel Country with a Royal Aura.: Journey northwest to the fort town of Mandawa for lunch. Afterwards, continue to the fortified desert city of Bikaner, known for its camel festival which is celebrated on a grand scale every January. Learn all about this indispensable ship of the desert at the Camel Research Farm before reaching your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
The Laxmi Niwas Palace, Bikaner.
|Day 7||Jaisalmer||The Sun City, Jaisalmer.: Your exploration of Bikaner includes the Junagarh Fort, an unassailable fortress comprising of various palaces, pavilions and a museum containing priceless art and antiques. This afternoon continue through the Great Thar Desert to the trade route town of Jaisalmer, crowned by its hilltop fortress. (Breakfast)|
|Day 8||Jaisalmer||Jaisalmer Sightseeing.: Embark on a city exploration of Jaisalmer, visiting Gadisar Lake and the Fort built in 1156 that is still in use today. Pass by the local market where you can witness desert life at its best. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. No visit to Jaisalmer is complete without a trip into the rippling Kanoi Sand Dunes. Savour a dinner accompanied by the gentle melodies of a local musician. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Jodhpur||The Blue City of Jodhpur.: Follow the ancient silk routes to the Blue City of Jodhpur and your beautiful hotel. Later, journey to Rohet and feel the very pulse of rural Rajasthan on your village jeep safari where you are welcomed into the homes of the local Bishnoi community to share a slice of their life. In the evening savour a delicious meal at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Welcome Hotel Jodhpur.
|Day 10||Jodhpur||Explore Mehrangarh Fort.: Visit Mehrangarh Fort set on a cliff 30 metres above the city skyline and the white marble Jaswant Thada. Experience a tuk tuk ride through the ancient winding streets before returning to your hotel, where the rest of the day is free to relax. (Breakfast)|
Welcome Hotel Jodhpur.
|Day 11||Udaipur||Udaipur, Venice of the East.: Travel to Ranakpur, the temple town of Rajasthan. Explore the elaborate carvings and classic architecture of the sprawling Jain temples, which are regarded as perhaps the best in the country. At lunch, you will learn from a local chef during your included cooking demonstration. Then, continue through the undulating countryside to Udaipur, the beautiful City of Lakes. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Leela Palace Udaipur.
|Day 12||Udaipur||Udaipur Sightseeing.: Explore the City Palace complex and wander through the markets and bazaars to visit the Jagdish Temple, as well as the Garden of the Maids of the Honour. Take time out to unwind and find balance at your hotel's renowned wellness spa, which offers ancient treatments such as reflexology, Indian head massages and hot-stone massages. Cruise the serene waters of Lake Pichola, before enjoying a special Celebration Dinner at the landmark Sunset Terrace while musicians serenade you (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Leela Palace Udaipur.
|Day 13||Araveli||From Udaipur to your lodge.: Enjoy breakfast at The Leela Palace before meeting your ME to WE guide and travelling to the rural surroundings for a stay at the bespoke Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp. During your stay, dine al-fresco and enjoy outstanding meals with a range of cuisine from locally-inspired dishes to western favourites. After a quick lodge orientation, enjoy lunch and then learn a few words of Hindi before visiting the community and seeing projects underway. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
|Day 14||Araveli||The Locals of Araveli.: Start the day with optional light morning yoga at sunrise, overlooking the Araveli mountain range. Following breakfast, spend time with the women of the community and learn what daily life in rural India is like. Participate in a cooking class and learn how these women cater for up to 14 people for each meal. After lunch, meet a local farmer and hear about his life in agriculture and the local farming processes and methods he uses. Then, return to the project site where you will participate firsthand in a sustainable development project. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
|Day 15||Araveli||Explore Araveli.: Participate in an optional sunrise nature walk with your ME to WE guide, exploring the local flora and fauna. Return to site and continue making progress on your community project. After lunch, unwind and try your hand at traditional crafts like tie-dying and block-printing. Connect with a community member as you join a women's or men's circle to hear their personal stories and participate in meaningful discussions. With the afternoon at leisure, enjoy the serenity and scenery of your hotel's surrounds or there is time to visit a local market, should you wish to do so. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
Araveli Cottages and Tented Camp.
|Day 16||for your onward travels||Depart for your onward travels.: Begin the day with an optional light morning yoga at sunrise, overlooking the Araveli mountain range. Depart with your driver to your next destination. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person and include an optional internal economy airfare to return to Delhi or end in Mumbai. Visas: Visas are required for this trip, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests. Group Size: For departures with less than 5 guests there is a more personal service with Local Experts in each location in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Guests are met on arrival and escorted to all sightseeing experiences with a private transfer between each location/city. (1a) Indian Festivals: 21 Oct experiences Diwali in Jaisalmer and 09 Mar experiences Holi in Delhi. (1b) Festive Highlight Dinner: Christmas Eve in Jodhpur.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class