Brochure Type: Preview Europe 2020 USA
Dance your way through the fiery streets of Spain to the hilly landscapes of Portugal's capital. Enjoy the tastes of sangria in sun-dappled courtyards and Gaudi's fantasy world.
- CITY TOUR in Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, Seville and Lisbon
- VISIT Placa Catalunya in Barcelona, Prado Museum in Madrid, Church of Santo Tome and Toledo Synagogue in Toledo, Maria Luisa Park and Plaza de Espana in Seville and Hieronymite Monastery in Lisbon
- VIEW La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and Giralda Bell Tower in Seville
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest) with local wine
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14499700
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Barcelona||Arrive Barcelona (2 Nights): Ramble up Las Ramblas and get ready for an unforgettable discovery of the Iberian Peninsula. The fiery coastal city of Barcelona kicks off your mesmerising encounter with Spain, and Portugal's capital, Lisbon. Set your watch to the leisurely Mediterranean way of life, spending the day relaxing or connecting with a city that once inspired Gaudi's imagination. Later, meet your fellow companeros and Travel Director for an orientation drive through some of the city's iconic sights, followed by a Welcome Reception.|
NH Collection Tower
|Day 2||Barcelona||Barcelona Sightseeing and Free Time: We spend the morning exploring a city whose great passions include football, fashion and fairy tale facades by famed architect Antoni Gaudi. We'll see his La Sagrada Familia during our guided sightseeing tour of the city with a Local Specialist, then Las Ramblas and Placa de Catalunya, in the heart of Barcelona. The rest of the day is yours to delight in Spanish culture and cuisine. Consider joining an Optional Experience to Montserrat to see the shrine of the Black Madonna, affectionately known in Catalonia as La Moreneta, or explore the city at your own pace.|
|Day 3||Madrid||Barcelona - Madrid (2 Nights): Today, we drive through the valleys and pastures of Aragon towards Spain's historic capital. We arrive this evening in Madrid, renowned for its vibrant nightlife which we will have an opportunity to enjoy on our own terms.|
|Day 4||Madrid||Madrid Sightseeing and Free Time: We join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of Madrid, where we will see Plaza de Espana, trendy Gran Via and the Cibeles Fountain, before visiting the world-famous Prado Museum. Admire the masterpieces of Velazquez and other Spanish greats in this extraordinary museum, said to house the largest collection of European art in the world. Spend the rest of your day exploring the city at leisure. Visit the Royal Palace or stroll through Buen Retiro Park at the heart of the city - the choice is yours.|
|Day 5||Seville||Madrid - Toledo - Seville (2 Nights): We journey south to the clifftop city of Toledo, where we'll join our Local Specialist for a walking tour. Visit the Church of Santo Tome, home to one of El Greco's most famous paintings, The Burial of Count Orgaz, and visit the former synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca. We arrive in Seville this evening and immerse ourselves in the effervescent spirit of Andalusia.|
|Day 6||Seville||Seville Sightseeing and Free Time: The charisma of Seville is unmistakable. Your Local Specialist will take you on a sightseeing tour past the symbolic Giralda Bell Tower, Maria Luisa Park and the imposing Plaza de Espana. Later, we'll visit the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world, where Christopher Columbus is entombed, before strolling through the historic Jewish Quarter. Meet the Albaserrada family and their horses on their farm in the Andalusian countryside near the white-washed village of Gerida. Here you'll 'Connect With Locals' over a Be My Guest dinner featuring fresh regional ingredients and the local sangria of course.|
|Day 7||Lisbon||Seville - Lisbon Sightseeing (2 Nights): We travel west to Portugal, meandering through the province of Huelva, renowned for its Jabugo ham. We cross into Portugal's picturesque rural landscapes of the Alentejo - the country's cork capital. We arrive in colourful Lisbon where we'll meet our Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour celebrating the grand triumphs of the Portuguese in centuries past. See the Monument to the Discoveries, the suspension bridge that spans the Tagus, and Belem Tower. Meander through the quaint hillside bairro of Alfama and visit the UNESCO-listed Hieronymite Monastery.|
|Day 8||Lisbon||Lisbon Free Day: Enjoy the day sauntering through Lisbon's grand shopping boulevards and the narrow lanes of Bairro Alto or consider joining an Optional Experience to the historic towns of Cascais and Sintra. This evening, we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends and our Travel Director, toasting to an epic Iberian holiday.|
|Day 9||Lisbon||Depart Lisbon: Our journey through Spain and Portugal has come to an end. All that's left is to say a fond adeus at the end of an unforgettable holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class