2020: Highlights of Northern India (2660)
13 days from Delhi to Delhi
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14587081
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Welcome to Delhi, a magnetic blend of old and new, and the capital of modern India. Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Delhi||Your day starts with a sightseeing tour of Old Delhi including a CYCLE RICKSHAW RIDE. See the splendid 17th-century Mughal Red Fort before visiting landmarks such as RAJ GHAT and the majestic three-domed JAMA MASJID, the largest mosque in Asia. Experience a walk in the alleys of CHANDNI CHOWK; and later, visit the ancient stepwell QUTUB MINAR, the world's tallest brick minaret, dating back to the 11th century. The afternoon is at your leisure. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Varanasi||Fly to Varanasi, the holiest of Hindu pilgrim cities, situated on the banks of the sacred Ganges River. This evening, witness the GANGA AARTI (spiritual worship) on the ghats (steps) leading down to the Ganges. (B)|
|Day 4||Agra||Around dawn, board a BOAT and watch a striking religious ritual-the Hindus' devotional bathing in the Ganges. Observe hundreds of pilgrims gathered at the river's edge, some practicing yoga, others meditating, and still others bathing fully clothed. Then, transfer to the airport for your flight to Agra. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Agra||Your day begins with a sunrise visit to the famous TAJ MAHAL. This remarkable edifice was commissioned by Shah Jahan as a memorial to his wife, Mumtaz Mahal, and took 22 years to build. Later, visit AGRA FORT, a colossal, red-sandstone UNESCO World Heritage Site comprising forbidding battlements and spectacular Mughal Palace with audience halls, the Room of Mirrors, and the pavilion where Shah Jahan spent his last days. (B)|
|Day 6||Jaipur||This morning, stop at FATEHPUR SIKRI, an abandoned city. Tour the sandstone palaces, elegant courtyards, and victory gate of this ghostly place built in 1569 and deserted by its people when the water ran out. Then, travel to Jaipur, Rajasthan's quintessential royal city. Often referred to as the 'Pink City,' Jaipur is studded with intricately adorned temples and monuments. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Jaipur||Start with a visit to the legendary AMBER FORT, known as the 'Sleeping Beauty of Rajasthan.' This fortress-palace has a somber exterior that hides a richly ornate interior of royal apartments, including an alabaster Hall of Victory and a superb Chamber of Mirrors. Next, visit JANTAR MANTAR and explore the CITY PALACE MUSEUM, with its collection of paintings, carpets, weapons, and costumes; then enjoy time at the bustling markets of the old city. (B)|
|Day 8||Jodhpur||Travel to Jodhpur, once one of India's princely states. Set in the sand dunes of the Thar Desert, Jodhpur's mesmerising old city is ringed by a 10-kilometer, 8-gated wall outside of which the new city stands. Brimming with enchanting palaces, temples, havelis, and a beautiful fort, this imperious city exudes grandeur and warm hospitality. (B)|
|Day 9||Jodhpur||Marvel at the grand palaces of Jodhpur's MEHRANGARH FORT. Admire the splendid JASWANT SINGH II MEMORIAL, beautifully constructed from thin marble sheets that allow sunlight to filter in. Enjoy a turban-tying demonstration before taking a SAFARI to visit the local Bishnoi tribes of the desert. These communities of nature lovers protect endangered plant and tree species and prohibit poachers from killing animals. (B)|
|Day 10||Udaipur||This morning, visit the spectacular JAIN TEMPLES en route to Udaipur. On arrival in Udaipur, the remainder of the day is at leisure. Known as the 'City of Lakes,' Udaipur is built around three lakes and is made of a maze of narrow lanes, exquisite palaces, pavilions, and gardens. (B,L)|
|Day 11||Udaipur||Marvel at Udaipur's beauty on a tour of its CITY PALACE AND MUSEUM, comprising a series of enchanting palaces overlooking Lake Pichola. You will also enjoy the views during your CRUISE on this beautiful lake. There is the opportunity to learn about the region's famous miniature art. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Delhi||Fly back to Delhi today and prepare for your journey home. (B)|
|Day 13||Delhi||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)NOTE:Some flights depart Delhi very early in the morning. In these cases, breakfast is not included on Day 13, and you will have to depart for the airport late in the evening of day 12 or just after midnight on day 13.|
- US$ Price Details
Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Cosmos, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $607. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Delhi/Varanasi; Varanasi/Agra; Udaipur/Delhi. Air prices were effective on August 14, 2019, and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local guides are available for pre-purchase on the base vacation. For vacations that include an extension to the base, pre-paid gratuities only include the base portion. Any additional gratuities would need to be paid on trip.Single Room Supplement:$490 to $585Triple rooms are not available. Extra nights per person in Delhi:Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotelin single room $81; in twin room $45Suryya Hotel January-March: in single room $116; in twin room $63April-September: in single room $84; in twin room $47October-December: in single room $122; in twin room $662021 prices and itineraries are subject to change. Details will be available in August 2020.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).