Jordan Experience with Dead Sea Extension Winter 2019-2020
Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 19/20
Caravans of spice traders and crusading Christian soldiers once crossed the dramatic desert landscapes of Jordan and you will too, journeying to the fabled "rose red" Petra.
- CITY TOUR in Amman
- VISIT the Greco-Roman city at Jerash, the unique ancient city at Petra and the Crusader Fortress at Shobak and Wadi Rum
- VIEW the Roman amphitheatre and Citadel in Amman, Moses' Promised Land on Mount Nebo and the mosaic map of the Holy Land at Madaba
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 5 three course dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers will be provided for guests who have provided Trafalgar with their flight details and are staying in an Amman hotel booked by Trafalgar.
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14620110
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amman||Arrive Amman (2 Nights): Tread in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia, crusading knights and Bedouin tribes, who once crossed the length and breadth of Jordan leaving their mark on its mystical desert landscapes. Our springboard to the spellbinding ancient trading history of Jordan is the white stone city of Amman, which you will have an opportunity to explore at your leisure after being transferred to your hotel from the airport. Meet your fellow travellers this evening for a cocktail reception followed by dinner.|
|Day 2||Amman||Amman - Jerash - Amman: This morning, we embark on a city tour of Amman to see its Citadel, Archaeological Museum, Roman Amphitheatre and Folklore Museum. Our next stop is to Iraq Al Amir where we'll 'Make A Difference' at the Iraq Al Amir Women's Association and learn first-hand how they make soap from olive oil and craft greeting cards and note books from recycled paper. Try your hand at making your own before enjoying a lunch prepared by the women. We continue to the ancient city of Jerash, a favourite city of the Roman emperor Hadrian and an important stop on the incense and spice trade route to the Mediterranean. Amble past its soaring Corinthian columns and view its almost intact city walls, before returning to the seven hills of Amman.|
|Day 3||Petra||Amman - Petra (2 Nights): The enchanting rose-red facades of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, beckon, but not before we visit Mount Nebo, one of the most revered holy sites of Jordan and the place where Moses is buried. You'll see the Madaba Mosaic Map that covers the floor of the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George in Madaba and ascend to the Crusader Shobak Castle, perched on the side of a mountain. We arrive in Petra later, where we'll spend the next two nights at one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - the Hyatt Zaman, built on and around an ancient village.|
|Day 4||Petra||Petra Sightseeing: Admire the archaeological wonder carved into the sheer rock face over 2,000 years ago by the Nabataean people. Imagine silk and spice caravans plying their wares as we enter this mystical trading city through the narrow Siq - flanked by towering cliffs soaring 80 metres high. As we emerge from the path, the stone facade of the Treasury with its ornate decoration looms ahead - the first of many wonders to be explored. Later, we Connect with Locals in their Bedouin camp near Little Petra. Relax amidst the surrounding dunes and hills, as you enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner with live "Rababah" music.|
|Day 5||Dead Sea||Petra - Wadi Rum - Dead Sea (2 Nights): This morning, we journey through desert landscapes to Wadi Rum, a timeless place whose towering sand dunes were once described by T.E. Lawrence as "vast, echoing and god-like". Embark on a jeep tour through the desert watching the landscape rise almost 2,000 metres from the desert floor, amidst which you'll find canyons, waterholes and rock paintings that span millennia. This afternoon, continue to the Dead Sea and check in to your hotel.|
|Day 6||Dead Sea||Dead Sea: Set in a beautiful and dramatic landscape, the Dead Sea is famous for its mineral-rich waters. Relax and enjoy the resort, luxuriate in the warm, stimulating black mud and float in the calming water.|
|Day 7||Amman||Depart Amman: This morning bid farewell to this extraordinary land. Transfers to Amman airport are available, conditions apply.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class