Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2021 crossover
The steady rattle of Melbourne's famed trams kick-off our adventure to the Great Barrier Reef and Bondi's surfer paradise in Sydney, whose iconic skyline we will view from tranquil harbour waters.
- CITY TOUR in Melbourne and Sydney.
- CRUISE on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland and Sydney Harbour.
- VIEW Darling Harbour from your Sydney hotel room and the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House from the water.
- VISIT Hartley's Crocodile Adventures in Queensland, the Sydney Opera House and Bondi Beach.
- 8 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (Including Connect With Locals)
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air Flights: Melbourne to Cairns, Cairns to Sydney
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (972) 270-2213 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15150409
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Melbourne||Arrive Melbourne (2 Nights): This tale of three cities and an underwater wonderland kicks off in stylish Melbourne. On arrival, transfer to your hotel (flights to arrive prior to 12pm). This evening get to know your Travel Director and fellow travellers during a Welcome Reception and Regional Dinner featuring seasonal produce paired with quality Australian wines.|
|Day 2||Melbourne||Melbourne Sightseeing and Free Time: Melbourne's famous hidden laneways provide the perfect opportunity to 'Dive Into Culture' this morning, as we embark on a private walk to discover the city's eclectic little lanes, arcades, cafe society and edgy street art, renowned the world over. Admire the exquisite Victorian facades that line grand boulevards and see Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Shrine of Remembrance. Your orientation complete, you'll have the rest of the day at leisure to immerse yourself in this stylish cityscape.|
|Day 3||Cairns||Melbourne - Cairns (3 Nights): Journey north to Cairns, the laidback gateway to an astoundingly rich marine ecosystem. On arrival, join your 'Local Specialist' for a private wildlife journey at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, keeping your eye on the crocs that cruise the murky waters of the lagoon or laze on the bank. Then, 'Join Trafalgar' and take part in a Rainforest Restoration project to protect this natural wonder. Enjoy an evening at leisure and perhaps sample the fresh seafood flavours for which the city is famous.|
|Day 4||Great Barrier Reef||Great Barrier Reef: Prime your sea legs for the experience of a lifetime which lies beneath the sparkling blue waters of the Coral Sea. Board a high-speed catamaran and cruise to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. View the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft or don your provided snorkelling equipment for an up-close encounter. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the Great Barrier Reef before returning to Cairns.|
|Day 5||Cairns||Cairns Free Time: Enhance your free day with one of Trafalgar's recommended Optional Experiences. Embark on a Scenic Rail journey to Kuranda to explore the 'village in a rainforest' and take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway on the return journey through some of the oldest rainforest in the world. Indulge your inner sloth and spend the day relaxing at your hotel pool or sipping a cool cocktail while watching the outdoorsy locals live life to the fullest. This evening, 'Dive Into Culture' at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, where you'll witness a 'Welcome to Country' ceremony, hear stories of the Dreamtime and see an entertaining high-impact performance by the indigenous dance group, followed by a Regional Dinner paired with the intoxicating sounds of the didgeridoo.|
|Day 6||Sydney||Cairns - Sydney (3 Nights): Fly south to Sydney this morning and enjoy some time at leisure before you take to the waters of Sydney Harbour on a sunset cruise. As day turns to night, watch how the city's iconic landmarks light up - a magical backdrop for a Regional Dinner shared with new friends.|
Hyatt Regency (Darling Harbour View Room)
|Day 7||Sydney||Sydney Sightseeing: Go behind the scenes and discover the inner workings of the Sydney Opera House this morning, joining a 'Local Specialist' for a private guided tour of this architectural marvel before the crowds. Rub shoulders with the bronzed and beautiful locals at Bondi Beach next for a 'Be My Guest' experience. Meet a local surf lifesaver and gain insights into surf lifesaving and the history of Bondi. 'Connect With Locals' during an exclusive tour through the Members Only facility of Australia's oldest surf lifesaving club and enjoy lunch amidst the best views of this famous beach.|
|Day 8||Sydney||Sydney Free Time: Get your final fix of Sydney with a full day to explore this harbour city. Consider an Optional Experience to the nearby Blue Mountains or tame your inner adventurer with a thrilling climb up (and over) the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Your epic encounter with the highlights of Australia nearing its end, you'll join your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner at a waterfront restaurant.|
|Day 9||Sydney||Depart Sydney: Say farewell to Sydney as your Australian holiday comes to an end and we transfer you to Sydney Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).|
- *Air: Please note that the prices above include land and intra-trip airfares, which are required to be booked in order to fulfil the trip itinerary: Day 3 from Melbourne to Cairns; Day 6 from Cairns to Sydney. Return international airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class